By Sarah James
Read or Download An Extraordinary School: Re-modelling Special Education PDF
Best curricula books
Kids examine arithmetic such a lot successfully in contexts which are significant to them. understanding the potential for those contexts for fostering younger kid's mathematical studying whereas nurturing and hard them, calls for wisdom of arithmetic in addition to of kid improvement. heading off the debates surrounding hands-on studying vs.
“What 12 months are you getting ready your scholars for? 1973? 1995? are you able to truthfully say that your school’s curriculum and this system you employ are getting ready your scholars for 2015 or 2020? Are you even getting ready them for this day? ”With these provocative questions, writer and educator Heidi Hayes Jacobs launches a strong case for overhauling, updating, and injecting existence into the K–12 curriculum.
Prime, educating, and studying is a source for academics taking motion on universal middle kingdom criteria to reinforce pupil studying. each one bankruptcy addresses a variety of disciplines and grade degrees with concrete examples. Chapters specialise in research-based guide, educational language improvement, considering and complexity, English novices, non-proficient readers, rigor, and collaboration for ongoing expert means construction.
"A unwell country and the way to Heal It” has been written together with your aspirations, your child’s goals and the nation’s clients in brain. For a reader who on eyeing the identify of the publication exclaimed announcing: “Ridiculous! it is a ridiculous title," this is my resolution: it's not. international locations particularly get ill! good‚ what's well-being?
- Kids Can Think: Philosophical Challenges for the Classroom
- Contextualized Practices in Arts Education: An International Dialogue on Singapore (Education Innovation Series)
- Word Power: Activities for Years 3 and 4
- Community College Student Success: From Boardrooms to Classrooms (ACE Series on Community Colleges)
- Uncovering Student Thinking About Mathematics in the Common Core, Grades 3-5: 25 Formative Assessment Probes
- Posthumanism and Educational Research (Routledge International Studies in the Philosophy of Education)
Extra resources for An Extraordinary School: Re-modelling Special Education
An Extraordinary School: Re-modelling Special Education by Sarah James